11 March, 2016

Fitness Update #4


I can finally write a positive fitness update, yaaaaaay!

Well, that's how I feel anyway haha. I've been doing really well the past couple of weeks, I'm still taking it slow and easing myself back into regular exercise but I am getting used to being more active!

My eating habits are also improving, I've cut way back on the amount of Costa & Starbucks I drink (from one a day to one a week), I bring my own lunches into work instead of buying lunch out every day which not only is saving money but it also helping me to eat a lot healthier too!

I'm also trying to buy healthy-yet-yummy dinners and avoiding snacking as much which luckily doesn't seem to be too hard at the moment. Does anyone else find that when you try to avoid snacking you suddenly want to snack way more than you did before?!

I've actually managed to lose 6lbs over the past couple of weeks though which I'm really, really pleased with and I'm hoping it's the beginning of getting fitter and healthier.

Today is my last day at my current job so we are actually ordering Deliveroo for lunch which isn't great for my waistline but meh- we're celebrating and it's only a one off!

Next week I have a long awaited week off before starting my new job so I'm hoping to be able to go to the gym most days and do at least an hours workout a day and as I mentioned last time, once I start my new job I'll be walking to and from the train station which will get me 50 minutes of exercise per day.

So, with all these little changes I'm hopefully going to see a much healthier and more importantly happier me.

I'm very much used to barreling into fitness head first and going all in but I'm finding that taking things slowly is helping a lot more. I have no real "goal date" in mind so I don't need to rush like I did last year, this time it's a permanent change which means I can take it slowly.

So fingers crossed next time I update you I'll have lost a few more pounds!

How are you getting on in your fitness journeys? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns