31 March, 2016

Lakeland's Cake Airbrush Kit | Review

Lakeland's Cake Airbrush Kit

Last Christmas (sorry for using the C word in March!), I was lucky enough that Dan bought me an airbrush as my main present. I'd been wanting one for SO long as they help you to make more professional looking cakes and you can do some really cool effects with them.

So I hinted and I hinted and finally on Christmas Day, I got my airbrush. I was SO happy!

And then it sat in my baking cupboard until the beginning of this month. I don't know why, I was just so afraid to use it. I assumed it would be hard to use, I assumed I would struggle and I kept putting off trying it out.

Then, one Sunday evening I just decided- it was time. And do you know what? I had the hang of it in minutes. Once I read the instruction manual, I was absolutely fine and I was spray painting some white fondant and having a whale of a time. Plus Dan finally stopped moaning that I hadn't used my Christmas present (not that you've built your Lego Star Wars thingy yet Daniel!)- which was fair enough after all the begging I'd done for it.

The airbrush I have is the Lakeland Cake Airbrush kit which you can find here. It is expensive, hence why I was so lucky this Christmas, but if you are looking to make professional looking cakes then they are so worth it.

Lakeland's Cake Airbrush Kit

The airbrush comes with edible paints in red, blue and yellow as well as a cleaning liquid. You can buy other colours separately too!

The thing I love most about this set is purely how easy it is to get the hang of it and how amazing the effects are! I tried out the blue when I was practising and couldn't help but think about how great it would look on an "under the sea" cake. The Little Mermaid cake, anyone? *notes down*.

Although it is easy, it might take a while to get the hang of how to get gentle strokes. I found that I was spraying quite intense colours whereas I wanted a very light colour, but the more I practise the better I will get as with anything.

This kit also comes with a DVD which is really good for going through what you can do with the airbrush. I love that they give you so much help to make it seem as least daunting as possible (even if you're a scaredycat like me!)

Overall, I think this is a great set. If you're still a beginner then I probably wouldn't recommend forking out the £100 needed for this set, but if you're wanting to make some more advanced cakes, then it's definitely worth thinking about.

Have you ever tried an airbrush or would you consider it? If you have this set, I'd love to know what you think of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns