08 March, 2016

Simple Spring Cupcakes

Simple Spring Cupcakes
Last October, I made some cute Autumn cupcakes which were really popular with you guys! So, I decided that now we're about to head into Spring, it was probably about time that I made some Spring cupcakes!

I love making simple cupcakes- the great thing about cupcakes is that they don't need to be incredibly intricate, they just need to look pretty and taste great! 

To make these cupcakes, you will need:

  • 1 batch of your favourite cupcakes (I chose vanilla, but anything would work!)
  • 1 batch of buttercream icing (see my tips and recipe here)
  • A small pack of fondant- the colour is your choice!
  • Flower cutters (I bought mine here)
1. Pipe your buttercream icing on top of the cupcakes in a swirl.

2. Roll out your fondant- you don't want to go too thin, but also not too thick. You can see above how thick my flowers were! 

3. Using your flower cutters, cut out a few flowers. How many flowers per cupcake is completely up to you! 

4. Pop the flowers onto a baking sheet for about an hour to allow them to harden up- otherwise as you pick them up and put them on your cupcakes you might change their shape as they'll still be very mouldable!

And that's it! They are super simple and fairly quick to make, perfect to make during the upcoming Easter holidays with your kids or just as a fun treat for yourself on a weekend!

Simple Spring Cupcakes

If you make these cupcakes, let me know via Twitter or using my hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes on Instagram! I'd really love to see your bakes so please do let me know!

What do you think of these cupcakes and what are you looking forward to in Spring? Let me know in the comments!

Simple Spring Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns