19 April, 2016

Chocolate Cake Pops

Chocolate Cake Pops

When I looked through my page of all my cakes and bakes that I've featured on my blog, I realised that although I've made a LOT of cakes and cupcakes, I haven't made many cake pops.

This is probably because cake pops and I don't get on very well, so I tend to avoid them. But I'm determined to get to grips with them and so I decided to try some chocolate cake pops!

You will need

  • Cake Pops made with your favourite chocolate cake recipe
  • Cake Pop Sticks
  • Dairy Milk chocolate or your favourite type of chocolate! 
  • Multi-coloured sprinkles

METHOD

1. Bake your favourite chocolate cake recipe in a cake pop mould and leave to cool completely before decorating.

2. Once cooled, melt a small amount of chocolate and dip one end of your cake pop stick into the chocolate and then push inside each cake pop.

3. Put the cake pops into the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate inside to set.

4. Once the cake pops are ready, take out of the fridge and allow to return to room temperature.

5. Melt the rest of the chocolate ready for dipping. TIP: if you can, melt your chocolate into a tall container- if you can dip the entire cake pop in chocolate without swirling, there's less chance it can go wrong!

6. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off or swirl and tap if needed. 

7. Before the chocolate dries, pour your sprinkles over the cake pops however you like! 

8. Leave to dry and then enjoy! 

Chocolate Cake Pops

Cake Pops are a bit temperamental but if you're patient and allow yourself to make mistakes, you'll find they are actually really fun and super cute to make! I'm going to try to make a few different cake pops to see if I can finally get to grips with them!

If you make these, I'd love to see them so please feel free to tweet me @cakeydreamer or use my Instagram hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes! Let me know what you think of these cake pops in the comments!

Chocolate Cake Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns