26 April, 2016

Delicious Donuts!

Delicious Donuts

I've always had a thing about doughnuts. My friends used to tease me about how many doughnuts I used to eat and they were totally right, I used to have them every day! Now I have them every now and then as a little treat.

So when my mum bought me a 2 in 1 cake maker which makes Cake Pops & doughnuts, I was worried the doughnut monster in me would come out! In the end, it sat up in my baking cabinet along with my cake airbrush kit until I was brave enough to try it out.

Then at the beginning of this month, I finally tried to make my own doughnuts. And I was okay! They were delicious but I didn't go crazy, I just had a couple- I know, I'm proud of me too. ;)

So I thought I would share with you the recipe I used to make my delicious doughnuts. Be warned though, you may become a doughnut fiend like I used to be! 

You will need:

  • Some kind of doughnut maker, whether that's the one I've linked above or another
  • 225g plain flour
  • 112g sugar
  • 225ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 4 tbsp cooking oil.
Method

1. Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder) in a mixing bowl.

2. Create a well in the centre and add in the milk, egg, vanilla essence and cooking oil.

3. Using a cake mixer, mix all of the ingredients to form a batter.

4. Once you have a smooth batter, preheat your doughnut maker for the specified time on the instructions.

5. Fill in the doughnut "wells" with your batter, making sure not to overfill! 

6. Bake for roughly 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

And that's it, you'll have yummy scrummy doughnuts!

Delicious donuts!


After that, it's up to you- you can cover with sugar (note that covering with sugar needs to be done while the doughnuts are hot, otherwise it won't stick!), or you can make some icing and coat half of the doughnuts in that- or chocolate. Oooh, like dipping donuts!

Delicious Donuts!

Delicious Donuts!

Have you ever tried to make doughnuts before? Let me know if you make these by tweeting me @cakeydreamer or by using my Instagram hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns