08 April, 2016

Fitness Update #6

Fitness Update

So, here we are again! I feel like every two weeks goes by super quickly, I can't believe it's time to write another one of these already! I really enjoy writing them though, so I hope you enjoy them too.

The good news is, I'm still walking to the train station every morning, yay!!! The bad news is, I still can't quite make myself walk home from the train station... but I'm still managing to do around 10 - 12,000 steps per day which isn't too bad!

I've been trying to make myself go for walks on my lunch break too so I get a bit more exercise but the good thing about my new job is that I walk around a lot more. In my last job, I just sat at a Reception desk all day every day and never really moved, whereas in this job I feel like I walk up and down stairs to different floors of the office a lot which is good.

And I'm starting to want to push myself more! I'm usually based on the 5th or 6th floor of my office building and I'm starting to eye up the stairs when I get in in the morning- will I be brave enough to start climbing those everyday? Who knows!

I also really miss running. Last weekend was Reading's Half Marathon and I remember saying this time last year that I wanted to run that, and I didn't. I don't remember the last time I went for a run actually and that makes me really sad!

I also want to start using my weights again, I think I mentioned this last time. I feel like I've been getting weaker again, (I probably haven't) so I want to try and build muscle back again. I don't know if I will yet though, I have a tendency to go barging into things and then find that I lose motivation which is why I'm so determined to go along with the softly, softly approach.

In terms of diet, it turns out I do not have coeliac's disease but my symptoms have led my doctor to believe that I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Well, actually my GP claims IBS isn't a thing, but the second opinion doctor I went to actually knew what she was talking about...

So I'm still struggling to see if I've lost any weight, although according to the scales I may have lost half a pound, but it could be more because I'm still bloating a lot.

I'm looking into a new diet which I won't go into too much detail about yet until I know more about it, but it's recommended for IBS sufferers to try and find what aggravates your symptoms, but it means a HUGE overhaul of my diet.

So, by my next fitness update in two weeks time I hope to:

  • Try to up my daily steps to 15,000. It's only an extra 3,000 a day but I can work my way up to doing more. I miss WDW where I was doing around 25,000-30,000 every day! 
  • Try to at least do 2 weight workouts a week. Start small and all that haha! I'll get my weights out and try to do an arm and a leg session. 
  • Make a plan for the new diet overhaul- hopefully I'll know more of what I'm talking about so I can tell you more! 
I don't want to set too many goals or too many big goals, but I think these are all definitely achievable,

Let me know how your fitness journeys are going, I love hearing about them! We can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns