24 April, 2016

Fitness Update #7

Fitness Update

I'm finally getting somewhere! I feel a lot better about myself and I know I'm working towards a good goal of being fitter and healthier, the weight will come with that.

At the moment, I'm struggling with my tummy issues. I feel sick everytime I eat and it was starting to get me down. So I've looked into the FODMAP diet which is recommended for IBS sufferers as it cuts out anything that could potentially irritate your stomach. This is the link if you are interested, although please speak to your doctor before starting any sort of diet like this! It cuts out a lot of foods that I'd never even thought could irritate me, like apples or cabbage- even sausages!

I'm hoping it will help although I've only just started it, so I'll let you know in my next update. Wish me luck!

As for fitness, I'm still doing pretty well. I walk to the station most days (unless it's raining) and I've even managed to make myself walk home some days too! A few people from my work have started a running club which I'm going to join, so I'll be back to running at least once a week. I'm hoping that will build my stamina (and my confidence) back up and I can do a bit more than that too!

Fitness Goals from last update:
  • Up my daily steps to 15,000- I didn't quite manage this, mainly because it's been raining quite a lot lately so I haven't been able to walk to or from work, but I am still aiming for this!
  • Try and do at least 2 weight workouts a week- Er, I think I did one in two weeks. So, this failed. Onwards and upwards though!
  • Make a new plan for the diet overhaul- THIS ONE I DID! Haha, I'm ready for the new diet and have printed a little list into my diary so if I'm on the go I can quickly look at what I can and can't have. 

This week's fitness goals:
  • Continue aiming for 15,000 steps a day- I WILL do it!
  • Try and do at least 2 weight workouts a week- This SHOULD be do-able. To be honest, the only reason I haven't done this yet is purely from laziness- and that needs to stop! 
  • Go running at least once- I don't think running club is on this week but it is the week after so I want to make sure I go running then! 
Let me know how your fitness journeys are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns