17 April, 2016

Life Update

Life Update


After my last life update post did so well, and because so many of you have been asking how I'm getting on at my new job, I thought I'd give you another update into my life at the moment!

Life & Work
So my new job is going really well, I'm much busier than I used to be at my last job and I'm really enjoying it. Everyone's super nice and although at first it was a bit overwhelming, I really feel like I'm settling in. Yay!

Life itself has been pretty quiet- I don't get paid from my new job until the end of this month so I'm struggling a little bit to keep my spending to a minimum, which has meant a lot of staying in. I'm not too fussed about that though because it's nice to relax- but it did mean I missed out on seeing two of my best friends this weekend which is pretty gutting. But hopefully we'll go on a spa break soon which will be lovely AND relaxing!

Blogging & Baking
I've had a bit of a funny month or so with my blog. I still love my blog and I really feel like I'm putting out good content lately (I hope you guys agree), but I'm also struggling a little bit. I put a LOT of pressure on myself to make great cakes to share with you and I put pressure on myself to make sure that I'm doing everything for my blog- and I think I kinda burnt myself out.

So in March, I worked super hard to give myself a month off from blogging in April, apart from these few posts that I could only write nearer the time (because there's no point giving you a life update from a month ago is there?! ), and I really feel like that month off has helped. I've been enjoying being away from it all and just having some time off after work and at the weekends, rather than worrying about what blog posts I need to write or what cakes I need to bake etc.

The funny thing is, because I felt like I HAD to bake for my blog, I found that I could just never be bothered to bake. I had no inspiration or motivation and I just couldn't bring myself to start baking. Once I took away the need to bake because all my blog posts were done, suddenly I was super inspired and I wanted to do loads of baking- isn't that silly?! I'm still struggling a little bit to want to start writing blog posts again, but technically I'm still on my break so I guess that doesn't matter!

I guess the moral of this story is to stop pressuring yourself and if you stop enjoying doing something then it might be a good idea to take a break from it!

Health & Feeling Poorly
I've had a really awful month with my stomach problems. I get bloated a LOT and a lot of funny tummies and lately I've been feeling sick every time I eat. I was tested for coeliacs disease which turned out to be negative, so my doctor is pretty sure it's IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I'm looking into the FODMAP diet at the moment which is recommended for IBS sufferers to help you find which foods irritate your bowel, so fingers crossed that will help. I might write blog posts about how the diet goes!

So that's been my month so far! How is your month going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns