20 April, 2016

Spring & Summer Cocktails with Aldi

Last Christmas, I had a go at making some yummy festive cocktails with Aldi which I really enjoyed, so when they got back in touch to see if I fancied making some Spring/Summer cocktails, I couldn't wait to get started!

Dan is great at making cocktails after working in hotel bars for years, so I always get him to help me out whenever I need to make them. It's actually really nice because we get to spend time together- and then we get to enjoy some yummy cocktails!

Spring & Summer Cocktails

I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin and a bottle of Belletti Dell'Italia Prosecco to try out two of their delicious cocktail recipes and I'm going to share the recipes with you too!




BLACKBERRY SMASH

You will need:
  • 50ml Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin*
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 10-12 blackberries
  • 25ml fresh lemon juice
  • 6 mint leaves
  • Sparkling water to top
Method
1. Fill a tall glass and cocktail shaker with ice.

2. Dissolve the white sugar in the hot water and add 10-12 blackberries to make blackberry syrup.

3. Allow syrup to cool down to room temperature and strain, then leave to chill in the fridge.

4. Once chilled, pour 25ml of the blackberry syrup into the cocktail shaker along with the gin, lemon juice and mint leaves.

5. Shake hard and then pour through a tea strainer into the tall glass.

6. Top with sparkling water.

7. For decoration, add a lemon wedge, blackberry and mint sprig! 

This cocktail is really refreshing, it would be lovely on a hot summer's day!

Summer cocktails with ALDI

PROSECCO THYME

You will need:
  • Belletti Prosecco*
  • 2 large plums
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 4 sprigs of Thyme
  • 25ml fresh lemon juice
Method
1. Cut the plums into quarters and discard the stones, then muddle them in a cocktail shaker.

2. Dissolve the white sugar in hot water and add the thyme sprigs to make the thyme syrup.

3. Allow the mix to cool and strain, then leave to chill in the fridge.

4. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 25ml of the thyme syrup.

5. Add the lemon juice and shake hard.

6. Fill a glass with ice and pour the mixture in.

7. Top with Prosecco!

Summer Cocktails with ALDI

This cocktail is so summery, I can really imagine it being perfect for a barbecue or summer garden party. It's really fruity and the prosecco adds a touch of class. You could use it to celebrate the Queen's birthday, perhaps!

Let me know if you try these cocktails out, I'd love to see them! You can tweet me @cakeydreamer or find me over on Facebook!

*ALDI sent me their gin and prosecco to use in these cocktails, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns