20 May, 2016

Fitness Update #8

Fitness Update #8


This is a bit of a longer update because I had a bit of an impromptu blogging break- sorry about that but it was kinda needed!

I've been doing really well with fitness and I'm so proud of myself. I really feel like I'm back in the game and I'm feeling SO positive!

I've started doing regular weight workouts again like I used to last year, each night I focus on a different area- my upper body or my lower body or my core. I do this not only so that I work my entire body but also because it stops me getting so bored if I do the same thing all the time! I only do about half an hour every day, but that's better than nothing.

I'm going to try and keep it up with the weights- I'm only doing small 2kg weights at the moment but I was doing 5kg before, so I'll be building up over the next couple of weeks, but I don't want to do too much and end up hurting myself! 

I'm still walking to the train station but with the rainy weather we've had, it's been a bit of a struggle. Dan bought himself a fitbit and has convinced me to get one so I can really tell how many steps I'm doing (I currently use the Health app on my iPhone but I don't always carry my phone with me all day when I'm at work so it's not a true representation of my steps!). It's really helping to get me moving because it's bringing out my competitive side! 

On Sunday you can read about how I'm doing with the FODMAP diet and how I've found it. I've been doing it for about a month now so I thought it was a good time to share how it's been helping me!

I'm trying to do more cardio, I've only been to one running club so far but it really wasn't as bad as I thought for my first run, so fingers crossed the weather will stay nice and I can go for more runs! 

I really wish I could tell you guys that I'm seeing some kind of difference either in myself or on the scales but unfortunately, the bloating is still really bad at the moment so the scales aren't showing any difference and neither is my body :( but regular exercise will eventually start to get rid of the bloating along with the FODMAP diet so hopefully soon I'll start to see some difference which will help to keep me motivated! Until then I'm focusing on other differences like how great I feel and my fitness improving!

How are your fitness journeys going? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns