03 June, 2016

Fitness Update #9


Over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to think of ways to get me into a routine, but still keep fitness fun.

I've tried fitness plans before but I'm not actually sure if they work for me- it makes it seem very regimented and I'm all for trying to make fitness as fun as possible! If you have any ideas, please let me know! 

I've been trying to find lots of different things to try, different YouTube workout videos, small ways of getting more exercise without really realising that I've done more exercise! 

I've been really good at keeping up with the fitness though, and even managing to do more! 

Week 1 
This week I walked to the train station every day and also walked home from the train station three times. My fitbit is making me get super competitive with myself and I'm constantly trying to do more steps!

I also attempted to walk up to my desk from the ground floor (I'm based on the 5th floor) and although I was completely out of breath by the time I got up there, I did it. I've tried doing it a few times since and it hasn't got much easier and I dread doing it, but it will get easier eventually! 

Week 2
I did the most fun workout this week, a Ballet Barre Youtube workout. I've always wanted to do ballet and a colleague of mine was saying how she went to a class that did Ballet Barre and it was really fun but hard work, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I suck at workout videos, because I get bored. I get 5 minutes in and I'm struggling and I feel silly and I turn it off and go and sit down.

With this one, I started to struggle and thought I was only 5 minutes in - I was already half way through! There were points that I felt silly but you also feel super graceful and I just really enjoyed it. I don't want to do it too often because I'll get bored of it, but I'm definitely going to do it once a week. 

I think it did a lot of good too, I was sore from using so many different muscles the next day! 

I haven't done as much walking this week because it's been raining, but I have still been managing to do 10,000 steps a day which is good.

Diet wise, I'm still trying to stay strong with the FODMAP diet but every now and then I give in and regret it. It's so hard to stay away from the things you love eating! I'm going to do another post on how I'm finding it once I've been doing it for two months. 

My goals for the next two weeks is to add in some gym sessions and stay strong with FODMAP! Considering where I was a few months ago, I'm really proud of how I'm steadily adding more and more fitness into my daily routine.

My problem, is that I am completely an all or nothing girl, I go head first into things and then lose motivation. I'm finding that doing it slowly and steadily is helping me to stay motivated and on track!

How are your fitness goals going? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns